Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My first project

I went to a jewelry show in March and bought a whole pile of jewelry and was just fascinated by the jewelry on display and every single piece was handmade.It got me thinking about how I was wasting my time in buying stuff and then changing it so it would reflect me and my personality.
Did a little research on the web and jewelry making was not that hard!
Bought some tools and some beads to get started.
I love the hammered look and I wanted to make something that was hammered and looked a little...well,rustic.
Bought this copper stamping kit set which I think is used in scrapbooking and  picked out a disc and hammered away!
The copper disc has a green stone that looks like a pepper and a gold leaf on it.
Made a hook out of copper wire and put it on a copper long chain that I had.

2 comments: